· Henry Weber bought our farm from William Penn, in the early 1700’s, signed on a sheep skin deed.
· Ownership continued in our family till today.
· Presently farmed by Mark and Kim Weber with their 2 sons, Aaron and Noah, being the tenth & 11th generations.
· During these years, our family realized we needed to diversify and expand our offerings, to continue to survive and preserve our family farm.
· After dairying for 25 years, in 2006 we began experimenting with processing yogurt, because of the on-going fluctuating milk price.
We continue to diversify our products, allowing operations to grow and expand, as our family began to produce new items and services for our customer base. !
My son Adam, and his bride Karen, got married this past October at a lovely barn near Quakertown. The bride loves ice cream and the groom has adored my home made pies his whole life so they decided who needs cake? Instead they opted to have pies and ice cream for their wedding dessert. I toyed with the idea of making the pies myself and then sanity set in as I considered the logistics of how to make the pies and ship them to the wedding venue as I live out of state. I decided I would need to forgo having home made pies at my son's wedding but was looking for the closest thing to that I could find. After much searching and sampling I found Kim Weber of Kim's Bakery. My first contact with her was by phone where I asked her (in detail) about how she makes her pies. I was happy to learn she uses the freshest and most wholesome ingredients, just like mine.
Before settling on Kim I told her I needed to sample some of her pies. As I live far from her Kim I asked if she could ship me a few pies. She told me she had never done that but, undeterred, she figured out a way to ship me the pies overnight in ice bags and beautifully intact. My son, his bride and I had a tasting and we were thrilled with Kim's pies. They were delicious. The crusts were flaky and as close to home made as I have tasted from a commercial bakery. Of course, we selected Kim to bake the pies for the wedding. We ordered 16 pies (apple, pecan and pumpkin). The wedding was gorgeous and the pies were an absolute hit.
Throughout the process, from tasting the pies to when they were delivered to the wedding venue, Kim did a wonderful job. I would recommend her highly to anyone who needs delicious, home made pies.